POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation test-- compression encoding schemes : Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:59:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Feb 2022 06:35:00
Message: <web.6212267b972028b94cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> Tonga!
>
> That is pretty good, Kenneth. Impressive smoke column.

Thanks. I am glad it played OK for you!

My original idea was to create translucent wispy smoke or steam; but with higher
media density and a higher extinction value, the result looks like dense smoke,
which I like. Actually, this particular test reminds me of those undersea
'smoker' vents on the sea floor, where the pressure is so great that the 'smoke'
does not spread out or dissipate very much.

The test code at the beginning of the animation is good for experimenting with
the various values.

----
That Tonga volcanic explosion was quite awesome to see, especially the
time-lapse animations from space. I can imagine it being x-number of times more
powerful, as an indication of the asteroid event that wiped out the dinosaurs!