POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation test-- compression encoding schemes : Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:06:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes
From: jr
Date: 20 Feb 2022 05:35:00
Message: <web.621218a9972028b9ed36e5cb6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> [Running v3.8.0 beta 1 in Windows 10]
> This is my first uploaded animation from my Windows 10 computer that I purchased
> in early 2021.

agree with TdG, impressive.  (any darker and I'd suspect burning car tires :-))

> This is really more of a test of my animation encoding scheme, to see if the
> file plays back for everyone. ...

works here, using 'ffplay' (part of 'ffmpeg') on Slackware Linux, and on Android
using VLC, the Chromebook too plays it.

> I am certainly no expert on the subject of video compression, but I keep trying
> to learn. There are so *many* so-called 'standards' that have accumulated over
> the years.  It was all much simple in the days of AVI video-making!

may David Buck can chip in.  I was (seriously) impressed by his recent coding
demo which came in at only ~1.2M.  (wouldn't mind knowing the "magic" settings)

regards, jr.