POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Impending Disaster : Re: Impending Disaster Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Disaster
From: Chris R
Date: 13 Feb 2022 23:20:00
Message: <web.6209d852941abfdda9cd79b35cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Latest attempt at an indoor scene lit by sunlight from a window.  I ended up
> adding some extra lights for interest on the toys, too.
>
> This particular rendering was done with a pretty high anti-aliasing setting, but
> just the Radiosity_Fast setting for radiosity.  Even increasing it to
> Radiosity_IndoorLQ introduced terrible artifacts on all of my isosurfaces, and I
> haven't figured out how to eliminate them yet.
>
> The blocks, the plane, the train and tracks are all isosurfaces with wood
> pattern perturbations.  I experimented with a lot of combinations of low
> accuracy and high max_gradient, and used evaluation, but when I bump up the
> radiosity I end up with black splotches everywhere.  I may need to dig into the
> details of the radiosity settings to figure out how to tune them for a
> particular scene...
>
> -- Chris R.

I added a few more elements to the scene, including some haze, generated by the
smoke puffing out of the train engine.

For this run, here were my radiosity settings:
                pretrace_start 0.0625
                pretrace_end 0.0078125
                count 25
                nearest_count 5
                error_bound 0.25
                low_error_factor 0.3
                recursion_limit 2

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-v1.2-mq-2022-02-12.png' (739 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-v1.2-mq-2022-02-12.png'
scene-v1.2-mq-2022-02-12.png