POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : two years of SARS-Cov-2 : Re: two years of SARS-Cov-2 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: two years of SARS-Cov-2
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Feb 2022 13:30:00
Message: <web.620163c0f0d21ef34cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
I play the guitar in a 4-piece rock-and-roll band (at my advanced age!), and we
all have different thoughts about the efficacy of the vaccines, the seriousness
of the Covid pandemic, etc. I am the most 'careful' guy in the band, without
doubt.

Here's a breakdown of our vaccination status:

Me: two vaccine doses plus booster

piano player: two vaccine doses but no booster yet (AFAIK)

bass guitarist (the youngest of us): no vaccine

drummer: no vaccine; instead of that, he has been taking an 'alt' therapy since
the middle of 2021 of ivermectin, zinc, vitamin C, and some other herb(?) that I
don't know the name of.
----
And here are the results over the last year-plus:

Me: no Covid that I know of, so far

piano player: has had Covid twice; bad reactions both times; the 2nd was after
he was vaccinated

bass guitarist: has had Covid once; his wife never caught it. A relatively mild
reaction for both.

drummer: has had Covid twice; the 2nd time was worse than the 1st. His wife also
caught it the 1st time, but then got vaccinated plus boosted, and did not catch
it the 2nd time. Our drummer still insists that his ivermectin regimen is
protecting him. I will not comment ;-)

Aside from the protective effect of the vaccines, there is probably sheer luck
involved, plus genetics; my Dad lived to be 96, and rarely got sick from
anything, which is amazing. Our piano player has some immune-system problems,
which certainly does not help him ward off diseases. As for me, I am not around
very many people at all (except when our band plays)-- certainly far less people
that the other band members.