POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible to alter finishes with texture patterns? : Possible to alter finishes with texture patterns? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:37:54 EDT (-0400)
  Possible to alter finishes with texture patterns?
From: tutki
Date: 7 Feb 2022 11:35:00
Message: <web.620149699f1ce1c95c8e85ceb98f01db@news.povray.org>
Currently I have a layered texture that uses the `checker` pattern in the top
layer to alternate between a flat metal color and patches of `cells` patterns
(basically using a transparent color in the checker layer where the cells show
through). I want the metal part to have a metallic finish with specular
component, but the cells part non-metallic. But I can't figure out how to make
the metallic finish apply only to the metallic part of the checker pattern;
adding the finish block makes the entire texture metallic, which is not
intended.

How do I make it so that the metallic finish only applies to half of the checker
pattern?