POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : two years of SARS-Cov-2 : Re: two years of SARS-Cov-2 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:58:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: two years of SARS-Cov-2
From: jr
Date: 3 Feb 2022 09:30:00
Message: <web.61fbe5c1f0d21ef3ea8869266cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> I read in Nature iirc, that there is a huge uncertainty about those
> figures, 5.7M being the "official" one. Learned estimated report up to
> some 20M... so... cheers!  :-)

I guess you're right, may be not under-reported by quite such a margin, but yes.
 and I suspect the the alcohol numbers to be what the alcohol lobby can agree
on.

Cousin Ricky wrote:
> The difference is that alcoholism isn't contagious.  Also, alcoholics
> aren't clogging hospitals beyond capacity.

still, speak to people on A&E, a fair percentage of cases involve alcohol (lucky
alcohol, by definition, is not a drug :-)).  and anyway, food for thought, more
than 75% of all (UK) reported domestic violence cite alcohol as a (significant)
contributing factor.

regards, jr.