POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blob words : Re: blob words Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob words
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Feb 2022 06:50:00
Message: <web.61f91e46b6d4eb891f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> @Bald Eagle
>
> thanks.  quick paper and pen shows it works for axis-aligned cubes, will need to
> write some code to test more arbitrary sets of points.

As far as I can tell, this approach ought to work great with any arbitrary set
of sizeless points.

As Dave points out, once you start to add some volume, things get offset a bit.

If all of the points on the ballerina's surface were used to create a positional
average, it ought to work just as well, so maybe a trace() approach would be
simplest.

I'm sure there might be a way to do it where the point-center is found, and then
the blob sphere center point vectors are weighted according to the radii.
Probably hard to parse and understand that, but I think a diagram would show
what I mean...