POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: jr
Date: 24 Jan 2022 07:40:00
Message: <web.61ee9d65c1365d06ea8869266cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 1/23/22 10:32, jr wrote:
> > ...sky_sphere code ...
>
> Thanks.
>
> In current and future povr releases the sky_sphere emission keyword
> should instead be 'amplify'.
>
> The 'amplify' keyword being a block oriented color multiplier vector in
> povr. These multipliers exist already to some extent under different
> keyword names and where they don't I've been adding them.

no, thank you.  I was sure I'd grep'd the documentation, evidently not.  </sigh>

which brings me to the next problem, how to write a scene so both 'povr' and the
various POV-Rays are happy?  I had hoped that the version could be used, given
the "unofficial" declaration[*], but cannot see a difference.  asking because I
use a mixture of (shell) aliases + functions and scripts like 'povr' (all
different executables) for the scenes, and ideally the emission/amplify thing
and such would be conditional.  do I have to use self-declared constants?

[*] that too is confusing.  the docs say 'version' is a float, yet in your
scenes you use "#version unofficial 3.8;".  where is stuff like that documented?
 not here:
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions#Built-in_Variables>

> No news on the -win id thing. The end of the year was both busy and
> bumpy health wise for me. Truth is I'm mostly only now getting back to
> last work left hanging last October. :-)

glad you're "back in the groove".  (I get the feeling that option is not much of
a priority.  :-))

regards, jr.