POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Holidays : Re: Happy Holidays Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:06:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Holidays
From: Chris R
Date: 19 Dec 2021 23:45:00
Message: <web.61c00932a9b6fbbcce7c8a215cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"BayashiPascal" <bai### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > A bit of a work-in-progress, but far enough along to show.  This took about
> > 4-days to render without any camera blur, which I'd like to add at some point.
> >
> > There are a few more ornaments/elements I'd like to add in for interest.  I'll
> > probably have to play with the lights a bit or it will never finish rendering
> > before the holidays are over... :-;
> >
> > -- Chris Rath
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Nice and warm scene. I like the textures of the presents packaging, and the star
> ornaments remember me of the ones I had fun to make every year as a child
> (nostalgic mood triggered). The chains (?) holding them are barely visible, they
> would surely benefit of being thicker. The last version of the snowman you
> posted looks good, but aren't the dark spot a bit too dark ? The new puddle
> looks good too. In the original scene it's quite hidden behind the lights. A
> different composition there may help ? Also I thought the texture of the table
> could be improved. To be honest I don't quite understand what kind of material
> it is.
>
> Merry Christmas to you too and to all the POV-Ray community !
>
> Pascal

Thanks for the comments.  I was playing around with some new rough-wood shapes
and textures based on the isowood3 macros, and was using the pigments from that
set of include files as well.  I have some older macros that I think give better
results; I may revert to those and see if the table gets more convincing.

Merry Christmas

-- Chris R