POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Holidays : Re: Happy Holidays Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:01:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Holidays
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 18 Dec 2021 21:30:00
Message: <web.61be986da9b6fbbcc7449d78e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> A bit of a work-in-progress, but far enough along to show.  This took about
> 4-days to render without any camera blur, which I'd like to add at some point.
>
> There are a few more ornaments/elements I'd like to add in for interest.  I'll
> probably have to play with the lights a bit or it will never finish rendering
> before the holidays are over... :-;
>
> -- Chris Rath

Hi Chris,

Nice and warm scene. I like the textures of the presents packaging, and the star
ornaments remember me of the ones I had fun to make every year as a child
(nostalgic mood triggered). The chains (?) holding them are barely visible, they
would surely benefit of being thicker. The last version of the snowman you
posted looks good, but aren't the dark spot a bit too dark ? The new puddle
looks good too. In the original scene it's quite hidden behind the lights. A
different composition there may help ? Also I thought the texture of the table
could be improved. To be honest I don't quite understand what kind of material
it is.

Merry Christmas to you too and to all the POV-Ray community !

Pascal