POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 : Re: Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
From: jr
Date: 17 Dec 2021 10:20:00
Message: <web.61bca9925784b339ea8869266cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thus my question now is... Is there any Windows geared alternative procedure
> where one can build pov from some readme, AND use it, even if it has never been
> installed?

@Alessio Sangalli (as an alternative to running a VM):

not certain about POV-Ray working without "installing", it does need its .inc
etc files.  to answer your question - yes, I found Cygwin works well under MS
Windows, and since that gives you a fairly complete UNIX-like environment, you
can do a regular install from source.
<https://www.cygwin.com/>

regards, jr.