POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Master of Puppets Font : Re: Master of Puppets Font Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:03:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Master of Puppets Font
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 15 Dec 2021 14:50:00
Message: <web.61ba45b261c30dc82636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> Can't you just use a larger radius version set back or z-scaled a bit?
>
> You could also calculate or use trace() to find the surface normal and use those
coordinates for the borders...

Your first suggestion sounded intriguing so I gave it a try. It almost worked
but the little piece that fits in the corners failed. I tried removing a portion
of the front to leave a flat face and added a smaller-radiused version that
protruded out a little. That worked fairly well. Everything is better with
borders!

Note: It looks like there might be a glitch at the top of the "A" but that's
actually just a reflection.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tempfont.jpg' (81 KB)