POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks : Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:55:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Dec 2021 07:00:00
Message: <web.61b8868aa457077d1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> > But I suspect that stairs would not be so comfortable to use.
> >
> > Have you seen this page ?
> > https://www.finehomebuilding.com/project-guides/framing/2-rules-comfortable-stairs
>
> Haha! Very interesting! Of course, I agree that my stairs would be a real slog
> to use in reality. I suppose I could flatten the cells slightly so they're not
> cubical, then the stairs could be a more comfortable ratio and still tessellate
> the way I want... but there's something nice about having cubic cells for this
> project, so I think I'll leave them slightly oppressive and daunting for now :)
>
> Bill

I've designed (many) and built 2 complete staircases, and still remember a
carpenter friend insisting that they had to be done this ONE WAY.  My first
stairway came out amazing (wish I had photos) and the second one did a 180 on a
landing due to space constraints - done on the cheap before the whole house got
sucked into that Poltergeist vortex....

Great work and excellent improvements.  They are right - this will be an instant
classic.   Have you tried making one big plane or other geometries?