POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inselberg Country : Re: Inselberg Country Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:35:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inselberg Country
From: Samuel B
Date: 4 Dec 2021 18:35:00
Message: <web.61abfa85727bc175cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> Experimenting with different utilities, This scene is a combination of:
>
> 1) strands.exe by Sam Benge

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.4c8d4d9b76e12d9dc003acd0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=4
29399&toff=50

http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/technical/tools-objects/heightfield-based-isosurfaces/
> which, over the years, I have gradually adapted to my needs without
> changing the basic structure.
>
> 3) lightsys IV also by Jaime
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Lightsys

It looks good, Thomas. I had to look up inselbergs... It's a fitting
description.

I've always wanted to find a way to add overhangs cutting into the surfaces of
such structures, but no solution is easy. Even when using isosurfaces, the
function always extends upward and not outward. I've got an idea how overhangs
and grooves could be accomplished, but it is very expensive, time-wise.

Sam