POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to ... : Re: How to ... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:47:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to ...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Nov 2021 21:55:00
Message: <web.61a591c5d5fe89401f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> My problem is not the geometry but its coloring.
>
> My script generates a mesh (that I can save to use later). I get for
> example this surface. it is a "3d" representation of the function
> f(z) = (-z^3 + iz^2 + 1) / (z - 1 + i)^2
>
> Without going into details and according with "Domain coloring", the
> color of each point of f(z) is defined by its argument which is an angle
> ... and which corresponds to the hue.

My problem seems to be less the coloring and more the geometry  :D

If I understand this correctly, you input a real, scalar angle, and get a
complex result out.  Then you plot the real part of f over the complex plane
described by z and the imaginary part of f?

Or is z actually x + iz, and your "3D" surface just a 3D slice of the 4D result
of your function - plotting the real or the imaginary part of f(z) over the x-z
plane?

And then you want to convert z to the H part of HSV and color <z, Re (f(z)), Im
(f(z))> according to that hue.

You are a masochist, a sadist, and a psychopath.
Much respect.  :D

I sent you an email - wondering if it arrived in inbox or spam.