POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating soft shadows : Creating soft shadows Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:48:52 EDT (-0400)
  Creating soft shadows
From: TheRealMorris
Date: 28 Nov 2021 07:45:00
Message: <web.61a378e94b3d98b5ffb1c8fe8bf7213@news.povray.org>
I've been playing around with some top-down scenes using an orthographic camera
and one of the things I've tried to achieve, are what I would call "soft
shadows". I've played around with multiple light sources, area lights, etc. but
no matter what I've done, my shadows look rather really hard; area lights seem
to help but the resulting shadow is devoid of any depth and just a bland shade
of gray with almost constant coloring.

The effect I'm trying to achieve is something like the image attached.

Does anybody have any idea how such an effect could be achieved?

Thank you

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flatsample.jpeg.jpg' (22 KB)