POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects Become Black : Re: Transparent Objects Become Black Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects Become Black
From: Mr
Date: 16 Nov 2021 05:55:00
Message: <web.61938d5b28696f3216086ed03f378f2@news.povray.org>
> Op 11-11-2021 om 19:19 schreef bubble_person:
> > Finally, with the fade_power, how is 1000 bad, but 1 or 1001 good?  I did a
> > little copy-pasting of this part from an example, so I had not really asked
> > myself what realistic values should be.
> >
> Alain is right about the fade_power of 1001. However, when I wanted to
> find again the location of this in the wiki pages to help your
> understanding of it - surprisingly - I was unable to find it! I am sure
> it was there, somewhere, in the documentation...
>
> --
> Thomas

Generally, when this occurs, the bit of information, is rather in release logs
instead of doc, if you do find it in one or the other, please share, so that we
can update or ignore. Meanwhile, I added some of Alain's guidelines to
dispersion page in the wiki which are developing a bit further than current doc,
so if a native speaker wants to restyle, do not hesitate and add your
improvements in the page's discussion:
https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Interior#Dispersion

Thanks for your patience