POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fluorapophyllite-(K) : Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K)
From: Samuel B
Date: 12 Nov 2021 18:20:00
Message: <web.618ef5e64f1e127bcb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>

> > > If you want to use a difference, then, you should use a blob instead of
> > > 100' to 1000's of spheres.
> > > That way, you benefit from the blob's hierarchy and internal bounding
> > > mechanism.
> >
> > Blobs! I completely forgot about that option. (...)
>
> Blobs, of course! Completely forgot too. ;-)

Thomas, for some reason your message appeared in my inbox. But not from any real
e-mail address (the name was pretty obvious, but I thought I'd try to reply
anyway). So I suppose if the newsgroups ever go down for good, I'll meet you in
Valhalla! :P

But yeah, blobs seem like a worthy line of investigation :D

Sam