POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop : Re: Wood program but still develop Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood program but still develop
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Oct 2021 09:15:00
Message: <web.617e96695b6ed241f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> Because this is such a (suitable size) program that I can develop by myself(one
> person)

Hey - this is looking quite promising already.  :)

Are you using Bezier splines?  What are you going to be using the curve for?
Controlling the color_map of the wood pigment pattern? The geometry of the wood?
 Both?

Maybe you can look at Ed Hynan's EPspline lathe/sor editor program for some
inspiration.

It's really nice that you're writing it in Java - will we be able to try this
out by running the applet in a web browser?

My wood pigment patterns have always been fairly simplistic, and I'm sure I can
learn a lot of things that I should have been doing for a long time now, just by
seeing the progress of your development renders and relevant scene code.

- Bill