POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : file write fail ignored : Re: file write fail ignored Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:05:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file write fail ignored
From: jr
Date: 13 Oct 2021 10:45:00
Message: <web.6166f0b85f4c71af5bd1b3ba6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 10/9/21 3:49 AM, jr wrote:
> > William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >> On 10/6/21 5:01 AM, jr wrote:
> >> This a bug is basically the same as the radiosity file append bug.
> > a known issue, ok.  thanks.
>
> No. Well, it perhaps now is.

good, I think.  :-)

> I've not spent much time with POV-Ray's IO code.

sounds like opening a can of worms, only to find a multi-pack of can of worms
inside..  think it .. bad not to have access to (tech) notes dealing with design
etc of the "new" IO class.  bazaar, huh?!

coincidentally, have just posted a new macro in p.text.scene-files, 'Filed()', a
CSV file handler, hope you'll find that useful when "stirring the worms" ;-).

regards, jr.