POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined castle : Re: Ruined castle Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined castle
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 5 Oct 2021 17:50:00
Message: <web.615cc7993aa08f60b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
> I think that trying to fit existing stones into a wall is the REALLY hard
> part, but I think there has to be:
>
> 1. a way to make a pseudo-mathematical texture like crackle/Voronoi

This would seem to be the best way to go, but I'm no mathematician. Some day
I'll spend some time reading up the matter!

> 2. a way to generate pieces to fit into a given empty space.
> Maybe a way to loop through y values and combine that with a crossing number
> algorithm to find the edges of the already filled space as a place to start
> making a new block.

Actually I did once play with a similar concept - with spheres, in 2d, and it
wasn't easy, and only partially successful. However your suggestion is a little
different, perhaps I should revisit it.

Bill