POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Mysterious function argument : Re: Mysterious function argument Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:58:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysterious function argument
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Oct 2021 12:10:00
Message: <web.6159d5353ec630371f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> On 10/2/21 10:38 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> > "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

I've gotten tripped up with the pattern vs pigment issue myself on numerous
occasions.  I suppose that's another thing that will have to be clarified with
some example scenes, etc.

> The missing declare ability I trip over frequently, when writing raw
> SDL, is: #declare Warp00 = warp{...}.

I might have tried that in the past, but the other one (IIRC) that I was
surprised at was the inability to predeclare a matrix for use in transforms.

There are a lot of things in SDL that have similar structures, but are
separate/isolated from each other.  matrices, splines, prisms --- it would be
nice if their internal data were all addressable/accessible like arrays.