POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Not a v3.8 issue, but a patch is needed for jitter with rtr/kla. : Re: Not a v3.8 issue, but a patch is needed for jitter with rtr/kla. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:57:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a v3.8 issue, but a patch is needed for jitter with rtr/kla.
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Oct 2021 00:55:00
Message: <web.61569473d5273f3d4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
Are you referring to the jitter when using v3.8xx's newer antialiasing method 3
and Stochastic_Seed? Or in a more general AA sense?

I've never noticed the effect you mentioned when running kla/rtr animation in
Windows versions-- but then again, I rarely use any type of AA for such
'real-time rendering' tests (unless I'm doing a specific test that really needs
AA).

So, from your description, it sounds like the jitter is being constantly reduced
(from a given value) *as* the animation runs(?) I'll have to take a closer look.
Thanks for the heads-up.