POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? : Re: res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows?
From: The Traveler
Date: 27 Sep 2021 10:25:00
Message: <web.6151d3e8ffffcfe7dd31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
> looks like you're ignoring the "environment".  not sure about Lubuntu, but many
> Linux distributions (incl my favourite) use the Bourne Again Shell (BASH) as
> interpreter, and that uses brackets, so your command needs to read:
>
>   $ povray 'res[low]' +itest.pov
>
> or quotes instead of apostrophes.  also, you can drop the '+Iname' if the .ini
> file contains that info, eg:
>
>   input_file_name = test.pov
>
> hth.
>

> regards, jr.

Thanks for the insights folks. jr hit the nail on the head. I was escaping the
res[Low] with everything but the right delimiters, backticks. So, it should look
like this:

povray `res[Low]` test.pov

I dropped the +I flag as well. Now, it doesn't throw the error, BUT, it doesn't
parse the file either for the different render resolutions. Still getting my
default 800x600 render no matter what. It appears that none of the other stock
"res" .ini files work either so there's probably something else amiss. Checked
the path settings and everything else appears proper. Well, one step forward at
least and onward ...

Cheers.