POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granite_21 - the final macro : Re: Granite_21 - the final macro Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 - the final macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Sep 2021 20:10:00
Message: <web.614fba05b21f010c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > If it's published, it's already been paid for.  I had to do some backflips to
> > find copies of MY OWN research that got published through ACS.  What a scam to
> > the taxpayer.
>
> That's messed up! Didn't you have a preprint version on hand? Or were you trying
> to obtain a peer-reviewed version?
>
> Sam

Well, y'know - it's a long story.

But I lost the digital copies I had, and hard copies of nearly everything were
gone too.

But thanks to the interwebs, I got around any of the stupid paywall sites and
got the paper (somewhere) and the supporting information.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jo0207022

I even found out that it got referenced in Greene & Wuts.  :)

https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Greene%27s+Protective+Groups+in+Organic+Synthesis%2C+5th+Edition-p-9781118057483