POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Box division : Re: Box division Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Box division
From: Samuel B
Date: 25 Sep 2021 18:30:00
Message: <web.614fa1fe154a1cc3cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >
> > I was looking through old files for something else and came across this scene.
>
> I like to use animation, along with a changing code value somewhere, just to see
> what happens with scenes. Here's a test, changing your 'gap' value...

That's... horrible, haha. Looks like my code isn't very robust. I'm guessing
what happened is that the widths of the divisions became negative values, which
in turn freaked out the wedge object used to clip the tori. I should have put
size limiters in there to prevent the divisions from going under a certain size.
Besides, doing so would have probably made the scene faster to render when using
higher iteration counts.

> .......I commented-out "shapes.inc" and instead pulled out the needed code
> snippets from the various include files, and stuck them directly into your
> scene...just to be slightly more efficient ;-)

Good call ;)

Sam