POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Tabulated() macro, making tables easy : Re: Tabulated() macro, making tables easy Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:47:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tabulated() macro, making tables easy
From: jr
Date: 18 Sep 2021 05:20:00
Message: <web.6145ae16eb2219a25e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

(that statistical summary table does look properly "intimidating :-))

> A few minor comments after my first use - version 202106.2.
>
> 1)----------
> You can get rid of the high ambient warning by changing:
>
> #declare tabu__data_finishes_ = array [2] {
>    finish {ambient .1 diffuse .8 specular .1},
>    finish {ambient 0 emission .85}
> };

> #declare tabu__data_finishes_ = array [2] {
>    finish {ambient .1 emission 0 diffuse .8 specular .1},
>    finish {ambient 0 emission .85}
> };

thanks, will do.

> 2)----------
> Documentation. (Great by the way)

(thank you.  always the most difficult part of a project, I think)

> Where you have references to your google drive for your Foreach() and
> Ruled() variation at the bottom of the documentation, it would be handy
> to have a reference/link to the most current Tabulated() too.
>
> A nit, but, indicating the Tabulated() version to which the
> documentation pertains in the html would be helpful.

yes, thanks, will make note of the version in text.  will consider the reference
link point; am thinking a wiki page with latest version of each include I've
done?

> Not unexpectedly ;-) ..., the macro uses all lower case identifiers, but
> well prefixed ones. For the povr branch, this does force a configuration
> and compile without the identifier case checking to make use of it.

heh, mine was already compiled to allow lowercase.  :-)

> Great work jr & Tabulated() development helpers!

both BE + TdeG deserve those cheers.

regards, jr.