POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blurring pigments by distance from camera : Blurring pigments by distance from camera Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:54:03 EDT (-0400)
  Blurring pigments by distance from camera
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 25 Jul 2021 16:55:00
Message: <web.60fdce56529a03fd58d7bd3989db30a9@news.povray.org>
Hi

Mike Horvath suggested here;

Newsgroup: povray.binaries.images
Subject: Re: First image posting
Date: 2021-07-21 16:59:38
https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C60d8e6ba%241%40news.povray.org%3E

- that my gaussian blur macros could be modified to blur a pigment so that the
amount of blurring increases along with the distance from the camera.

Since then I have been pondering whether that is possible.

Now I have found a way to do something like that by using my gaussian blur
library and some new code.

The attached image shows the result. Here a union of many boxes is textured with
a single blurred version of a grid-like pigment. I'll also post an image with a
non blurred version of the same pigment.

To test my code further it would be nice if someone could provide me with a
simple sample scene where this might be useful.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pigmentblurredbydistance.png' (1042 KB)

Preview of image 'pigmentblurredbydistance.png'
pigmentblurredbydistance.png