POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1 : Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random POV-Ray 4 SDL proposal, #1
From: Mr
Date: 12 Jul 2021 09:05:00
Message: <web.60ec3d1b2ab8183e16086ed03f378f2@news.povray.org>
Bump! (unless discussion is going on elsewhere, if so, sorry for missing it) and
not knowing much about json yet, I have a remark / question to the experts.

I also like the idea to use end of lines for ending some statements. To me that
is one cause for the popularity of python, staying as close to pseudo code as
possible in the core functionality. (which doesn't prevent to use stuff like
brackets for list comprehensions or more recently type annotations, depending on
the scope of the snippet or project written. There's even some days when you
forget the colon after concentrating on formulation of an if clause, and you
think; couldn't we do without it?

However , I have to assume that some of the syntax previously mentionned is
organically intertwined within JSON core syntax... But I do not have the
experience to distinguish which at all.

So my question to the experts is, could end of line statement still be
compatible with the proposed json paradigm / standard ? maybe in the worse case,
breaking away from the standard but by chosing a subset of it... or whatever
shift...?

(I only asked because it would seem that we would be at leat two in favour of
such a feature, but I for one would gladly give the request up after being
explained a reason, such as performance gain etc...)