POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sample scene ideas : Re: Sample scene ideas Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:02:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sample scene ideas
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Jun 2021 11:30:00
Message: <web.60d898aa1a2f9a2e1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I /think/ what troubles you is the 'Thickness' of the characters? Not
> sure if I am correct though. What is the distance between the text and
> the background? Otherwise itlooks ok to me.

I have played with the thickness, and the color and the finish.  The text along
the bottom is placed with screen.inc so I'm guessing it's at 1 unit in front of
the perspective camera - and the "background is a plane at y=0, with

#declare Camera_Location = <0.0, 20, -72>*0.75;
#declare Camera_Look_At = <0, 15, 0>;

The thickness used to be 0.02, and then I changed it to 0.1 which made it a
little "bolder", but didn't get rid of the weird non-jet-black parts and the
fuzziness.

I can live with it for most things, but I'm doing the work to make the sample
scene look _better_, so it would nice to have something as simple as text
actually look good to the rest of the world.  ;)