POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 May 2021 08:55:00
Message: <web.60b38a45388d0b7a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> OK. This is a /cleanup/ version of the granite macro, and associated
> DakotaRedGranite.inc file.
>
> The following things need to be addressed (in no particular order):
>
> - A comprehensive demo scene file
> - A comprehensive documentation
> - An investigation/implementation of Real World dimensions (should have
> started with that, but you know of it goes...)
> - Additional xxxGranite.inc files to be fed to the macro

Excellent.

I got dragged into the distasteful task of fixing/replacing my old cell phone
(swapping out the motherboard has got me 99% of the way there) and haven't had a
chance to delve into this yet.

Having written all of this, you would be the most knowledgeable about what to
test / show off in a demo scene.

Depending on changes, documentation might not be comprehensive until it's all
real-world tested-broken-fixed in the wild.

My (essentially new) phone with the granite photos is the one that suddenly and
inexplicably died - I will see if I can still retrieve them.  Maybe the
dimension should be a parameter...

I will look, at fiddling with the inc file - as this is likely to drive the
creation of all of the previous items.

Thanks for all of your expertise and industrious coding in this!
I think it's pretty nice that we have some new patterns and materials that came
out of this - relatively quickly - and hopefully a lot of the methods extend
over to other materials.

I will get 2nd coffee and begin reading...