POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match() : Re: Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match() Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:49:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match()
From: jr
Date: 27 May 2021 02:10:00
Message: <web.60af3771827c6b0779819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 5/25/21 8:40 AM, jr wrote:
> > could it be implemented as-easily in POV-Ray
> > too?
>
> You, and that concept of easy... ;-)

my ignorance wrt POV-Ray source stands me in good stead..  :-)

> As implemented it's a stand alone bit of code.

that is good.  (afaict)  so it could be issued as a patch to the 3.8.0-alpha?

> Aside: I did manage to use some of the object flags to break out
> light_sources, csg (merge,union,difference,intersection), light unions
> and light groups from the object id category. The id sub-catagories Left
> in as probably more useful than not, but there is the nagging thought it
> might somewhere be the wrong thing to do.

forgot to thank you for the vector id background info.  read in conjunction with
the above, I'm thinking a two function approach perhaps, 'id_type' much as is,
supported by a similar function which returns an 'array mixed' with the various
"properties"/categories broken out?

regards, jr.