POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Github repository with useful macros : Re: Github repository with useful macros Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:01:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Github repository with useful macros
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 May 2021 10:35:00
Message: <web.60aa6759985098ff1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I didn't want to think about this having already
> quite a mess in my head, but my head has.

<Mr Smithers>   Exxxxxxxcellent...  </Mr Smithers>

Welcome to my daily reality.

> I think something like idtypesmatch() might be relatively simple(1).
> You'd set an id to a reference thing. Then compare other IDs against
> that reference by internal type. The function would return 0 or 1.
> Useful enough?

Yes.

And then it would be easy enough to write a macro that gets called and tests
what that thing is, to address your later concerns.
If I can do #read (OpenFile, Thing) and then find out what Thing is before I
further process it, then that's perfect.