POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1 : Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.1 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.1
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 19 May 2021 03:45:00
Message: <web.60a4c1c6581f2f6879416a1f607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> So if you have a few hours, they both mention this point in their videos
> multiple times, and might possibly do a quick few lines of throwaway code that
> they execute to demonstrate the concept.  Somewhere.

OK I'm a believer in "Not_0" now (even without spending hours researching).

One other consideration (not a suggestion, just a thought) might be to allow a
margin of error since a value of 1/256 seems to indicate that the intended
result is a value of 0 barring any of the conditions you mentioned. So if the
lighting is even the slightest bit too bright then an unintentional "1" could
result. So perhaps a default value with a little "wiggle room" might be
appropriate, like 1/265 since it's an arbitrary starting point anyway.

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston
Suggested motto: "With POV-Ray anything is possible, but nothing is easy"