POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Correct function/pigment syntax? : Re: Correct function/pigment syntax? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:58:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Correct function/pigment syntax?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 May 2021 19:10:00
Message: <web.609db1172fe55fc21f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> But I am getting a parse error on pigment_2. What is the correct syntax
> to get this example to work?

You don't have to use the x, y, z until you actually evaluate the function for
something.

So you should just be able to do:

#declare pigment_2 = pigment {function {function_1}}

Also, test_clu.pov ran for 6:45, and I halted it, as it was still parsing away
like mad.  You must have quite a system if you did it in 2:20.

Maybe just attach your completed render?