POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:46:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Installation thread
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 May 2021 21:00:00
Message: <web.6099d6c4962097b31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
I have a fairly new laptop that I'm setting up and sorting out, and at some
point I became aware that there is really precious little clear, methodical,
detailed information on how to install povray on a linux system, that is right
here on the POV-Ray website.

So, in an effort to work out a fairly robust process for folks new to linux, and
unfamiliar with all of "the usual" ways of doing things that are just left as
"we assumed that you already know how to do all of this..." (no) I'm going to
use this thread to document installation of official POV-Ray, perhaps by several
methods, version 3.8 alpha, and hopefully povr and hgpovray38 as well.