POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 May 2021 06:35:00
Message: <web.608fd1a5f7d27fe1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
what is (at least for me) is how to chose the right texture
> for each render or location in the scene (for instance the background of
> a chequered plane smoothly grading into the foreground).

I guess you could have a macro generate the texture, and have an AutoScale
argument.  The distance from the camera to the closest object (user-supplied
value) could be used to set the scale.  Might need to set a pov unit = real
world measurement ratio and base everything off that.