POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: Chris R
Date: 30 Apr 2021 15:40:00
Message: <web.608c5c3ef7d27fef117af815cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
> Op 29-4-2021 om 21:39 schreef Chris R:
> > I have been playing around with POV-Ray again after a many-year hiatus.  Here is
> > my first scene using 3.7.
> >
> > Credits where credit is due:
> > Sunlight and sky is from LightSys macros.
> > Tree and bush are from Arbaro
> > Various ropes are from the POV-Library ropes macros
> >
> > I use isosurfaces with pigment-pattern perturbation a lot for stone and wood
> > surfaces.
> >
> > About the only rendering feature I didn't try out with this was camera blur.
> >
> > Appreciate any comments or suggestions for future improvements.
> >
> Good to have you back!
>
> Maybe just one point of attention for now: The textures and/or features
> modelled from textures, work well at a distance but need more/finer
> detail close to the camera.
>
> --
> Thomas

Thanks for the suggestion.  Surprisingly, while working on the models for this
scene I often found really nice textures that looked good close up, (at least to
me), but looked like a grainy mess from a distance.  I have scene macros that
use camera distance to add or remove details from textures.  I should probably
play around with that some more.