POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Apr 2021 06:50:00
Message: <web.6087ec44cfb077e41f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> To my profane eye this scale variation looks very natural! (though it remains to
> be seen if it still holds from close up and when the pattern will be the real
> one)

Yes, this reminds me to
a) comment on that:  It looks very VERY good.   The improvements really make a
huge difference.  I think that it's really a LOT better than the original.
Excellent work, Thomas.

and B)
Blender has a granite shader pack that maybe we can get some hints from  ;)
https://blendermarket.com/products/procedural-granite-shader-pack/