POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Apr 2021 22:20:00
Message: <web.6076506a6a35d6561f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> On the command line give
> declare=TYP=1

Ah yes, jr has promoted this method as well.
Also coupled with .ini files

The thing that always begins nagging at the back of my mind is that anything
typed on the command line is _gone_.

having the same mechanism in the .pov file with #declare typ = 1; works just as
well (?)

I played a bit with some command-line file conversions, and you can convert a
..pov file to .pdf with 'soffice --convert-to pdf MyScene.pov'

with graphicsmagick, .png can be converted to .jpg with 'gm convert MyScene.png
MyScene.jpg'

and then by simply doing 'cat MyScene.jpg MyScene.pdf > DualFile.jpg'

you get a file that you can either view as an image, or as a PDF.

I think if we had a tidy way to do a post-render command script to do all 3
tasks, (and maybe increment a counter) then you could have the scene code saved
_inside_ of your image, never to be lost, or separated from the image, since
it's the same file.

Rename the attached to .pdf and see if it works for you.   :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'letter2.jpg' (174 KB)

Preview of image 'letter2.jpg'