POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc |= Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc |=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Apr 2021 20:50:00
Message: <web.60763b35412701fa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So just as a quick initial proposal, see attached.

with regard to:
veins and inclusions
I clearly recall a thread where someone had a pattern of some sort that looked
like
one texture visible in wavy "cracks" in another - any ideas where that is?
Not "recently, but not that long ago, either.
Had something to do with wavy fire...?

The layered texture is tricky, esp when trying to incorporate sslt.
sslt requires an ior, which requires that it be in a material {} wrapper
using sslt has prerequisites that might warrant a #warning

I had a real problem at the very end trying to declare a name for the layered
texture, and gave up.  No idea what the problem was.

I just left it in the raw development state, mostly just to get the macro idea
across as clearly as I could, and then we can edit things as seems best.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'granitetexturemacro_v0.1.0.zip' (157 KB)