POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music Video Project : Re: Music Video Project Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:51:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Video Project
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 12 Apr 2021 18:25:00
Message: <web.6074c777432b07e179416a1f9334df62@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Just a suggestion:
> Although clock, clock_delta and Final_Clock are great tools for creating
> animations, and for causing 'events' to happen at certain times, I use
> frame_number (or some fraction thereof) more often now. It's probably a personal
> choice, of course; but frame_number seems more intuitive to me-- and I don't
> have to think in 'clock division' terms for the timing of animation events.

That's interesting - I had forgotten that frame_number even existed because I
got used to using clock years ago, but I can see that frame_number would be more
appropriate under some circumstances, possibly including this one. I did in fact
have to include some code to convert number of frames generated to time elapsed
so using frame_number would be exact instead of within 1 / framerate / 2. The
beat markers will be in milliseconds which would have to be converted to
frame_numbers though so it's a trade-off either way. Thank you for the excellent
suggestion!

Have an awesome day Kenneth!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston