POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 12 Apr 2021 17:20:00
Message: <web.6074b922a906d8e387570eabd4644d08@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> > A detail render of the multiple beam towers doing whatever it is they do...
>
> they do it damn well !

Thanks Maurice!

Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The rocks are very... mmm... snowy? plastic?
> I like them!

Hahah, thanks Paolo - the rocks do look pretty terrible without textures, but
that's part of the texturing fun for me - the illusion of detail :)

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Now, add some focal blur to take the eye away from those rock formation.

I thought about that at first, but today I've been playing around with tracing
down some plants and I really like how it's looking now, so I'm probably going
to leave everything in focus for this scene. Two plant species, three variations
each, for a total of 30,000 plants traced down onto the rocks and ground plane.
Attached is a detail of this setup.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'maidenvoyage_rocksplantsdetail_2880x1080px.jpg' (2370 KB)

Preview of image 'maidenvoyage_rocksplantsdetail_2880x1080px.jpg'
maidenvoyage_rocksplantsdetail_2880x1080px.jpg