POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : strange problem with srgb color in light_source : Re: strange problem with srgb color in light_source Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: strange problem with srgb color in light_source
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Apr 2021 13:30:00
Message: <web.6071e00da9b7c959d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>

> Kenneth, I am entirely with you. I have learned a lot from this
> discussion. Understanding fully needs time for me too.

Thanks. It's at least nice to know that someone else was perhaps puzzling over
this entire crazy topic too.

For me, it's such a fundamental paradigm shift in my conception of things that
it's like I awoke one day to find that the sky is actually green, not blue like
I always thought. :-P

Just about the only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that I can take a color
from Photoshop, slap the 'srgb' keyword on it in POV-ray, and it looks like what
I expect to see! All the rest of this stuff keeps me awake at nights, wondering
where I went wrong...

But it's a good exercise for the ol' brain cells-- it keeps them active, ha.