POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: jr
Date: 4 Apr 2021 06:25:00
Message: <web.606992ca54e5aaba79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > intrigued.  what can you not do with just '#end's?

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.5ba2723e83bd6a1ec437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/

still not entirely clear, will try and re-read this (interesting) thread later.

> I was also thinking that since we don't have an 'alias' directive, we might be
> able to track the nesting level with something like:
>
> #macro If (A)
>      #declare Level = Level + 1;
>      #if (A)
> #end
>
> and then a corresponding EndIf () macro could decrement the counter...

some mechanism like that seems useful, it would need to "loadable on demand", ie
abstracted into its own include.

> I was also trying to simplify reading ASCII stl files in, ...

check yr inbox.

regards, jr.