POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Sniffing UberPOV : Re: Sniffing UberPOV Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sniffing UberPOV
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Mar 2021 17:55:00
Message: <web.604407ee176d1c7e1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > My first (and so far only) idea was to start with a test for the
> > existence of the variable 'unofficial', but it turns out POV-Ray 3.8
> > does the same test--but treats it as if it were a keyword.  This screws
> > up the test for any SDL code running under 3.8.
>
> Yes.
> I believe you're searching for the combination of this :
>
> #ifdef(unofficial)
>
> with a more narrowed patch version number that belongs only to uber pov such as:
>
> #if(unofficial = \"patch\") #if(patch(\"upov-reflection-roughness\") > 0)

in qtpovray3.8:

#ifdef (unofficial)
Parse Warning: Trying to test whether a reserved keyword is defined. Test result
may not be what you expect.
#declare U = unofficial;
Parse Error: Expected 'RValue to declare', unofficial found instead
#declare P = patch;
Parse Error: Cannot pass uninitialized identifier to non-optional LValue.
#debug unofficial
Parse Error: Expected 'string expression', unofficial found instead
#debug patch
Parse Error: Expected 'string expression', undeclared identifier 'patch' found
instead