POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request : OTF (and other) font format(s) support : Feature request : OTF (and other) font format(s) support Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request : OTF (and other) font format(s) support
From: zebulon 1er
Date: 21 Feb 2021 15:30:05
Message: <web.6032c2863fa95d8ea5d10390@news.povray.org>
Hello again,

At the moment, if we have OTF-only fonts, we have to convert them to TTF. It's a
long work to do when using big font families having
Regular/Bold/Italic/Bold-Italic/... plus condensed versions plus wide versions
plus... plus... 8P

It would be so nicer if povray could simply support at least OTF fonts too.
( You could ever try to use the freetype library to do so ? ← If it could
help )

Thank you.