POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flexible lamp neck : Re: Flexible lamp neck Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:48:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flexible lamp neck
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Feb 2021 14:45:00
Message: <web.6032b79ed0c3b58b1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
> On 2021-02-21 2:40 PM (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> >
> > When I was going through all of the Bezier spline stuff, I recall coming across
> > a way to calculate the arc length of a curve....

> to me, but can probably be explained to a 5 year old on Numberphile.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/arc-length.html

I guess it's easier than I recall, or was presented to be.

I suppose tidying it all up for the 4 Bernstein polynomials may look a wee bit
messy, but it probably shouldn't be too bad, since I went well past that and
into the weeds of Gaussian curvature territory...