POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mice : Re: mice Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:55:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mice
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 20 Feb 2021 11:40:01
Message: <web.60313a9232cd319d81e8d7900@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> The two elements that immediately stand out are the vase and the fabric
> lampshades. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you very much - in fact it is a combination of lighting and material,
because material definitions were simple - the lamp frame definition used good
maps for diffuse, nomal and transparency - but nothing I couldn't emulate with
pov patterns (or I hope so)...

The vase used a specularity map I made for the gold part (2 h work), the
material looked like that -
#declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg "brownvase__u1_v1.jpg" gamma 2.2
interpolate 2}}
#declare p_map2=normal {bump_map{jpeg "brownvase_normals.jpg" gamma 2.2
interpolate 2}}
#declare p_map3=pigment {image_map{png "brownvase__u1_v1_s" gamma 1 interpolate
2}}

//==================================================
//Material definitions
#declare brownvase_=
#declare PR_DIFFUSE=pigment{p_map1}

#declare F1 = finish {specular 0.6 roughness 0.0003 diffuse 0.6 ambient 0
reflection {0.005, 0.015}}
#declare F2 = finish {specular 1 roughness 0.0003 diffuse 0.1 ambient 0
reflection {0.4 metallic}}

#declare N1=normal{p_map2
               bump_size 3
              }

#declare T1=texture{
                   pigment{uv_mapping PR_DIFFUSE }
                            finish{F1}
                        normal{uv_mapping N1 }
                    }

#declare T2=texture{
                   pigment{uv_mapping PR_DIFFUSE }
                        finish{F2}
                        normal{uv_mapping N1 }
                    }

material{
         texture{/*uv_mapping*/
                 pigment_pattern{uv_mapping p_map6 }
                 texture_map{
                     [0 T1]
                     [1 T2]
                     }}
}

 - so if there is something good about this basic material - it comes from the
combination of lighting and material...

> You have a great memory for the decorative details of such a house-- and the
> amazing ability to recreate them so realistically! I have a longstanding dream
> of doing something similar regarding my grandmother's stately home in Asheville,
> North Carolina (U.S.) Sadly, her home was torn down decades ago-- but my
> childhood memories of the home's layout and interior decor have always stuck
> with me.
>
> Thanks for the beautiful image; it actually brings back a lot of happy memories
> for me, in a roundabout way.

Thank you for the compliment - I'm happy to give you some good feelings!

Norbert