POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:46:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: jr
Date: 30 Jan 2021 11:00:01
Message: <web.601581d3b3a5582679819d980@news.povray.org>
hi,

Francois LE COAT <lec### [at] atariorg> wrote:
> >> The rendering of POV-Ray synthesis images are done in "real-time". It
> >> depends on past data, and future parameters are unknown. I have a
> >> POV-Ray script from which I substitute series of float numbers, that
> >> produces 2000 different scenes, one after the other.
> Well, I have a model "pacman.pov" from which I generate "pacman_mod.pov"
> substituting the parameters at n step. Then I render this script,
> producing "pacman.png". And I move "pacman.png" to "pac%04d.png" with n.

I found the web page helpful, in the video I find it difficult to reconcile
movement of the indicator/pacman with the changes in orientation wrt the images
on the left (cf ~0:25, ~1:14).  concluding thought(s).  in reply to
BayashiPascal you write "The issue here, is just to make POV-Ray quiet when I'm
rendering."  with respect, disagree.  the issue I think, even not knowing the
particulars, is work-flow[*], is to work with POV-Ray, and its animation
provisions, rather than launching thousands of instances.  hope you will find a
satisfactory solution.

regards, jr.

[*] in my head/naively I'd collect the sets of eight values in a text file (CSV
style), have a few lines of 'awk' or such to convert that to an .inc file with
an array, then run an "animation" where the scene simply displays the current
video frame and the indicator gets rendered "on top".